Friday 6 September 2013

Im BACK!! REVIEW: Rimmel APOCALIPS Lip Lacquer

Hello my lovelies!!!!! I''m finally back!! Sorry for the hiatus but school work has been absolutely INSANE. Definitely miss my beauty heaven and am so excited to be blogging again! So, so, so lets kick start this with a review of one of my HG lippies. I'm lipstick obsessed, open and proud of it. My love for lipsticks, especially those bright and bold babies, is almost criminal. Lustful Reds, Vivacious Pinks and Sun-challenging oranges, I'm so there. Of course, I love me some subtle ones for more gentle looks but bold is still my love. Lipsticks to me are the easiest way to look clean and polished, or even add a quick pop of colour on your face. Despite loving these babies, the one thing I'm a taadddd teeny lazy to do is constantly having to touch up my lipstick every two or three hours [sometimes considering drinks and food in the mix]. These babies I'm reviewing today have definitely gotten me in a happy dance as they are just about the perfect way for me to avoid my little pet peeve of retouching.




The Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers. WOW. Never thought that I would enjoy these so much! Naturally I got excited when I saw them when I was interning overseas and seeing as how Rimmel was hardly in my own country, I had to grab at least SOME. Naturally, I went for the bolder colours but I did get one that was more of a MLBB shade. I snagged up Big Bang, Apocaliptic, Stellar and Nova.

First, shade breakdown:

  • Big Bang: GORGEOUS classic Pin-up Red. MY FAVOURITE #enoughsaid 
  • Apocaliptic: Delicious Intense Fuchsia Rose.
  • Stellar:  This one is a little toughie to describe. One of the more unique shades of the bunch. A bold warm coral-leaning pink. Such a pretty shade.
  • Nova: Warm Dusky Rose with a slight mauve lean. 
Before going into the product itself, the name? Lol awesome word play on the word apocalypse. Great Job Rimmel! The word play is almost enough to make people stop when walking through the makeup aisle and go oh? Packaging is really nice too with the gem-cut top and the simple lip-gloss packaging configuration. The wand for this product is really interesting. It looks like a typical doe foot applicator but right in the centre [as I have circled in the picture], there is a well there, so as to pick up more product at one go and avoid having to constantly re-dip your wand for more product. Pretty nifty imo but I can see this bothering some people of potentially having too much product. Nothing overly bothersome though, as you can easily scrape excess product at the sides of the tube.


Natural Daylight from L to R: Stellar, Apocaliptic, Big Bang,  Nova

With Camera Flash from L to R: Stellar, Apocaliptic, Big Bang,  Nova
As you can see from the swatches, the colours are really pigmented. Talk about lovely payoff. Now, bear in mind that I can only speak for the cream colours as I did not try any of the glittery shades [I prefer cream finishes on my lips in general], They swatch and apply to the lips beautifully without any skipping or patchiness on my lips. Lovely. Also, they can be opaque in one coat [depending on how much product you have on your wand at the point that you apply]. They initially have a glossy texture when applied that is nice and not overbearing. Just adds a nice sheen to your lips. However, as time goes by, these babies dry off to a more matte finish. AND BOY DO THEY STAY ON. I'm a massive caffeine guzzler so throughout the day, it's rare to see me with a cup of Joe or tea in my hands. With that, comes constant sipping and drinking. However, these babies have risen up to the challenge. They barely budge on me. Even after eating or drinking, they remain almost intact on my lips. Any lip product that does this for me is definitely going up on the HG pedestal. Now, as per any long lasting lipstick, these can get a little drying on the lips after prolonged wear but nothing out of the extraordinary [mild drying effect I should even say]. Other than that, I LOVE THESE. [aka where have you been all my life???]

So, I definitely recommend you give these a whirl when you are looking in the market for long wearing lippies like me. Rimmel definitely did an amazing job with these! Anyone of you lippie lovers like me enjoying it or have something to share? I would love to hear it!

Stay happy, healthy and lippie-equipped!



No comments:

Post a Comment