Monday 27 May 2013

Back to Basics: Skincare with Apple Cidar Vinegar

Hellooooo lovelies out there! lone time no blog REALLY. Had to take a little hiatus becuase of the crazy schoolwork and hectic schedules but wahaha im back! :) And what is better than starting from basics again? So, for today, lets talk SKINCARE. Lets be honest, makeup is fun and all. It's basically magic imo, with its power to create and conceal things that lie on the surface of our very skin. But what would boost to the fun of using makeup? It all starts with beautiful skin. Which lady (or guy) wouldnt wanna have beautiful, healthy and glowy skin? I know I sure do. And what better way to show our love for our skin than to go back to nature and get such inspiration. In comes one of my HG skincare products! APPLE CIDAR VINEGAR *wild applause* okay, it's not most natural in terms of getting it straight from your own backyard, but it sure is more natural than any facial cleanser or other soap-laden products that we put on our faces to clean them!


So what makes apple cidar vinegar the wholly goodness that it is? Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is an effective natural bacteria-fighting agent that contains many vital minerals and trace elements such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon and fluorine that are vital for a healthy body.(according to http://www.homeremediesweb.com/apple_cider_vinegar_health_benefits.php) Ingesting it, i know, can be a little off-putting for some because of the odour that it supposedly has, but with such great benefits, the odour is definitely something I can overcome. However, I dont have the habit of drinking ACV but rather, use it as my daily toner! Yup this wonderful baby can be put on the face to tighten pores and also may help in clearing up some of those lil fiends of pimples due to its bacteria-fighting properties. If you have read the oatmeal post that I did awhile back, I mentioned suffering from a bout of acne awhile back and was desparately trying to find natural sources for improving the condition of my skin. While oatmeal was great for reduing my blackheads and scarring, ACV also helped to reduce my scarring and keep those lil fiends of pimples off my face. These two babies were and still are my HG items for skincare and major plus point: they're really inexpensive! (and natural of course)
As for the brand of ACV to use, I prefer Braggs cuz it's more convenient for me to get anyway. I just take a contain pad and spray a few sprays of it from a bottle that I got (the ones with atomizer tops) and apply it directly to my face every morning and evening when I wash my face. Really easy! However, if you have sensitive skin, you might wanna go for it at a lower concentration. (diluting it with some water if the respective ratios) But for me, it works fine at full concentration. Dont be surprised if your skin turns a teeeny bit red after using it (esp at the beginning) but IF it starts to have a reaction, please do stop using it (EXERCISE CAUTION) Everyone's skin is different so I cannot say that it will 100% work the same for you as it did for me.

So, hopefully, this is of some help to some of you lovelies out there! What are some of you guys' favourite natural beauty secrets to maintaining a beautiful canvas? Do share, I would definitely love to know! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment