Thursday 28 March 2013

REVIEW: Essence Ready For Boarding "Beauty On Tour" Palette

Long time no post my dears! Deadlines, projects are sapping my time away but I sure missed blogging!! Finally found some time to do one! So today, let's talk colours for Spring and Summer! :)
Essence recently released their 'Ready For Boarding' Collection and first and foremost, I love the 'vacation' theme of it! (sucker for such themes all the time! XD). Although the collection has tons to offer, I decided to only get sucked in by the eyeshadow palette~ (control-and-resist mode activate!)


(courtesy of nihrida.com)
Well, here's our star today!~


Also comes with simple "tutorials" to inspire!

with flash

without flash

Alrighty, first, the shadow breakdown!:
(from left to right):
1) Light Silvery grey 2) Pale pastel yellow 3) Seafoam-Mint green 4) Periwinkle blue 5) Pale champagne (with slight micro-glitter) 6) Medium bronze-brown  with a warm lean

All the shadows have a shimmery finish (with the champagne shade having slight micro-glitter). Texture of the shadows you ask? Not bad for the price! not bad at all! Pretty smooth, pigmented and easy to blend! I have to say, Im pretty impressed by this little darling. For the price, you really cannot go wrong. Colour range is lovely too, with nice neutrals and pops of colours that look great in the months of summer and spring. Nothing too crazy that screams COLOURRRRRRR. Just light, clean yet with a slight twist. The yellow and green have really caught my attention in this palette as they are ao refreshing to see and easy to apply and use. The brown has to be my favourite as it is so warm and works well to add depth to any of your looks!

Overall, for the price of SGD$7.90, I really can't complain. Impressive quality for the price. Plus the size of the palette (around the size of a palm) makes travelling a breeze with it! If you are curious about what this little darling has to offer, I'd say go check it out.

(In Singapore, prices range from SGD$2.90 for wet wipes to $7.90 for an eyeshadow palette)

Essence Ready for Boarding retails at all essence counters at these selected Watsons stores (in Singapore).
Locations:
Anchorpoint
Beauty World Centre 
Plaza Singapura (Level 4, new extension)
Bedok Central
City Square Mall (opening mid March 2013)
Lot 1 Shopping Mall
Lucky Plaza
Ngee Ann City  
Sun Plaza
IMM
Park Lane
Parkway Parade
Rivervale Mall
SMU



Verdict:
Do I like it? Yes, not bad at all!
Would I repurchase? Although I think it's a neat palette, probably not simply because I have quite a few "colour" eyeshadows already (and I'm largely a neutral type-of girl)
Grade: B

Stay happy my dears! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment