Tuesday 30 July 2013

REVIEW: Barry M Waterproof Eyeliner

Hey there lovelies!!! Yup oh yea~~~~it's time for another review!! Yay! Today, let's talk some eyeliner. Eyeliner, eyeliner, eyeliner. Probably one of the first things to pick up when one is a makeup baby and wants to start their beauty journey. Eyeliner can really make a difference to the eyes. Make one's eyelashes look thicker, change one's eye shape, pack a punch, you name it. So, naturally, being the makeup junkie that I am, I am always on a hunt for a good eyeliner, be it pencil, gel or liquid. Personally, liquid liner lasts the longest on me without smudging or running down my face. However, they are amongst the three main types, more time consuming or 'challenging'. I remember having to constantly practice that last time before finally managing to find my favourite eyeliner style with it. But recently, I have found some gel-pencil eyeliners that have made me so happy and steer slowly away from the liquid eyeliners and back into the pencil type eyeliners!! Behold! The Barry M waterproof eyeliners!!! <3 p="">

Bold Silver, Bold Gold, Bold Black, Bold Bronze, Bold Purple, Bold Blue

These babies are some of my newest makeup indulgence and might I say, they are soooooo lovely!!! The colour range on this is pretty nice, ranging from beautiful gold and bronze to the stunning gunmetal, blue and purple. The colours are BEAUTIFUL and I couldn't resist picking up quite a few for myself. I got this product in gold, silver, bronze, purple, blue and of course, black. [Best way to test how awesome an eyeliner is is by testing th original colour black imo]

So just for a quick breakdown:

Bold Silver: No questions asked. A straight-up cool metallic silver.
Bold Gold: Such a stunning shade of yellow gold.More unusual since it is such a strong leaning yellow gold. Seems to b a tiny bit of glitter in it.
Bold Black: Rich dark inky black. Reminds me of Urban Decay's perversion.
Bold Bronze: Such a beautiful warm bronze with a hint of glitter in it.
Bold Purple: OMG Royal purple. Rich, bold and beautiful. I LOVE THIS.
Bold Blue: One of the best blue eyeliners Ive ever seen. Hands down. Such a rich vibrant royal blue.


These eyeliners are so amazing. Smooth and creamy with such great pigmentation.  They didn't tug on my delicate lids and transferred beautifully onto my lids while staying true to colour as in the pencil. As for the waterproof claim, boy, they weren't kidding. These babies are really waterproof and stayed on my lids for the entire day [6:30AM till 11PM, no joke.] As seen in the pictures I took, waterproof really means waterproof. They sure weren't kidding!!

Fresh Swatches [Top to bottom] Bold Purple, Bold Bronze, Bold Silver, Bold Black, Bold Gold, Bold Blue

Swatches after running my hand under water for some time: [Top to bottom] Bold Purple, Bold Bronze, Bold Silver, Bold Black, Bold Gold, Bold Blue
Swatches after running my hand under water for some time AND rubbing the swatches with my fingers: [Right to left] Bold Purple, Bold Bronze, Bold Silver, Bold Black, Bold Gold, Bold Blue


Are they waterproof/ smudge-proof or what????? INSANE. I was so blown away that I was literally screamin' 'THIS IS THE BEST EYELINER PURCHASE EVERRRRRR!!!' [lol crazy, I know.] Truly amazing imo. Plus, it was really affordable [25DHS/ appx, 8SGD at the time of purchase]. So creamy so pigmented and so waterproof. Im absolutely loving these and having such a fun time with these. The only thing that one should note is that because they are so creamy, they most probably would run out faster than usual with constant usage. Other than that, no complains from me whatsoever. If you are looking for a waterproof eyeliner with great pigmentation and is waterproof, I urge you to give this one a shot! Best pencil eyeliner I've ever used imo!

Verdict: Do I like it?: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE
Would I repurchase these?: YES OVER AND OVER AGAIN
Grade: A+

Hope this was helpful to you lovelies!! Would also love to hear if you enjoy these as much as I do or they werent your cup of tea! Have a great week ahead!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment