Thursday 18 July 2013

REVIEW: L'Oreal Elseve Extraordinary Hair Oil

Hey there lovelies! TGIF it's almost the weekend! Time to slip into those lounge clothes of yours and relax for the weekend! Hope you guys are going to have a great weekend ahead! So, today it's time for a review again!!! This time round it's all about the luscious locks! Who wouldn't want that long beautiful mane thats sits on top of Rapunzel's head? Well, I know I wouldn't mind it LOL ;) Today, hair products are so readily available. Having a problem with your hair? Frizziness? Dryness? Breakage? Spilt Ends? Or just the desire to style it in anyway that you like? No problem, there's a hair product for everything up in the market now. Hair Spray [EXTRA HOLD], heat protectant spray, gels, volume booster spray, hair oils....HAIR OILS *stop* AH HAH! Today. yup you've guessed it! It's all about the hair oil. Which one in particular? *Drum roll* ok, to cut the drama short [lol], today's star is L'Oreal Elseve Extraordinary Hair Oil! [Note: they also have one for coloured hair; the one with the red pump/cap]


So, according to L'Oreal, this little gem' is supposed to be enriched with a blend of 6 precious flower extracts and be your daily shortcut to perfect-looking hair. [Sounds enticing doesn't it? Keep picturing a classic luscious locks 'hairflip' you see in the movies. lol]

TADA~~~~*flip!*
Product claims:
* Hair feels nourished & protected
* Brilliantly illuminated


Well, well, well not only does this product guarantee such inviting claims to luscious locks, it has such a versatile use as well! [starting to sound like a dream come true over here lol *ethreal music plays*] this little baby can be used in several ways:
[According to L'Oreal]
1. Use as a conditioning treatment
2. Use as a styling product
3. Use as a serum or to boost shine
4. Or as an instant hair pick me up




Firstly, the packaging is nice, with the product being housed in a nice orange-yellow glass bottle which gives it that elegant and simple look. The product comes with a pump which can be locked to prevent any unnecessary spillage should you wish to travel with it. However, because this product is housed in a glass bottle, the possible breakage of the glass bottle as well as the weight of it does'nt make it the most travel-friendly thing to bring around. For me, the bottle did leak a little when I travelled with it, even though I had made sure to lock it in place which defeated the purpose of having the lock on the pump. I certainly did not enjoy wiping the oil of all of my other bottles that I had in the same case. I may have gotten a 'unlucky' one but who knows? Overall, I would say if you are planning to just leave it on your vanity or bathroom counter and not bring it wherever you go, the packaging is pretty nice and 'professional looking. The product itself, has a very liquidy texture and is clear [as you can see on my palm]. This is great in a sense, making it easy to spread through your hair to ensure even application. The smell of this is nice, with that floral-woody scent. Now, as for the price, I got this at SGD23.90 I believe at our local Watsons/Guardians. Not exactly the most affordable hair product around but if it really works, I was willing to give it a shot.

So, how do I feel about this product? This is actually really nice! I was actually surprised at how no-fuss it is to use, with it being a hair oil and all. I was hesistant about trying this product out, worried about the possible oil slick that it might cause on my head. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly this oil absorbed into my hair, making feel instantly smoother and somehow slightly more voluminous. Initially, I had used this as just a pick me up whenever I felt that my hair was lacking in the 'luscious' department [When it was dry and a tiny bit frizzy]. However, being the sometimes lazy hair person that I am, I tend to neglect this baby and just was too lazy to fuss around with any hair products besides my everyday shampoo and conditioner.[yes yes, not good I know lol]. So after awhile, I decided to make a Hair Resolution which was to better care for my hair.[not that difficult a challenge for haircare right? haha believe me, for a lazy hair person, it is lol] With that, I decided to use this baby religiously as pre-shampoo conditioner. I found it to have an effect on my hair! My hair is much smoother, softer and just so nice to touch.[creeeepyyyy person who strokes her own hair lol] This product does good things to my hair. I personally wouldnt say it's life-changingly amazing but it definitely helps my hair by a mile. 

So overall, this hair oil is not too shabby imo! Quick-absorbing and doesn't leave a oily residue which other hair oils sometimes do, making it easy to just slap it on your hair and head out the door. If you are looking for a hair oil that would leave your hair soft and smooth and be a no-fuss product, perhaps this might be the one you are searching for.

Verdict: Do I like it?: Yea, it's pretty nice actually!
Would I repurchase it?: Hmm [if I get out of the lazy hair person habit,] Yea, for the effect that it gives my hair. Although I'm slightly hesistant for the price that it is.
 Grade: B+

Any hair oils that you would recommend? Or do you too like this little gem? ;) Have a good weekend guys [/ladies?? You know what I mean! lol]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment