Tuesday 23 July 2013

Review: Kiehl's Lip Balm

Hey there lovelies! How has your week been so far? We are well into Wednesday and we are already halfway into the week!! A little more till the weekend so just hang in there!  Today I'm bringing you a quick review of one of my favourite products for lipcare and that is the KIEHL'S LIP BALM!!




Alrighty! Now, this lip balm has been receiving mixed reviews in the makeup and beauty realm. Some say it's just over-priced vaseline with a tad flavour and scent while others say that it was everything amazing as they thought it would be. Friends around me swear by it and say that this is the most effective lip balm that they've ever used. How about me? Hmm..haha I'll talk about that later. Now first, the packaging. The packaging is no fuss and come in a tube. However, it does not have that slated lip-applicator that eases the application from the tube. I still have to use my finger to apply it to my lips despite it being in a tube. However, for sanitation reasons, yes the tube does add to the plus. I chose to get the mango and mint flavoured ones and wooo boy do I love the scent and taste of these [of course that doesn't mean I'm asking you to eat it]. The mint flavoured one just feels refreshing on the lips for me and I generally like things that smell like mint. As for the mango, which happens to be also one of my favorite fruits is just something that smells soooo delicious, making me so tempted to wanna lick up all the lip balm that I have on my lips lol. #justtooyummy ;)

Now, ok back to the product itself. The texture of the lip balm is nice and glides on really smoothly onto your lips without being too heavy. Since this product is so moisturising, a little goes a long way for me [though I do like slathering it on at night on my lips to keep them baby-butt smooth]. Also, this product has SPF4 which isn't alot but hey better than none at all. These lip balms do leave a glossy finish to your lips and gives them some shine so it can too act as a gloss over top a lip liner etc [I do that sometimes when I just wanna sport lip liner but still want my lips to stay moisturised] However, if you are the kind who likes lip balms that leave a glossy finish, then this might not be for you. However, the shine will naturally wear off after some time so nothing to worry about if you are concerned with having that overly greasy lip-look to your lips. Also, the lip balms are essentially clear with no colour to them [although they may have one with a tint to it; I'm not too sure so dont quote me on that].

Now, for my lips which can sometimes dry out easily when the air is too dry, I like to really slather on lip balm at night before bed as I'm one who doesnt tend to like fussing around with lip balm in the day [especially since I tend to sport bold lips and long lasting lip colours most of the time]. So these lip balms work wonders on me! I really like how they smell and taste so yummy, not feel overly heavy on my lips and provide them with great moisture and hydration. However, being one who doesnt like to use her fingers to apply lip balm in the day when running around doing what I have to do for that day, this isn't something that I would wanna bring around all day in my bag [for that I use the Nivea stick balms which also work well for me]. However, for use at home with easy access to sinks and bathrooms, I don't mind using this when I'm leaving from home/ around the house.

Now all good things must come to an end. These lip balms are overall really good for me but the price tag that comes along with these? Not so good. These babies are SGD17 and for a lip balm that is actually a little on the steep side. However, precisely because these actually work for me, I wouldn't mind repurchasing them but I wouldn't immediately dash out and get them. Even the Smith's Rosebud Salve which is also one of my fav lip balms fall within the same price tag range but has more in the pot version of it than this does in the tube [of course] [5ml vs 22grams]

Overall, I do really like these lip balms and are definitely one of the few that actually work on my lips [my skin and lips are very picky when it comes to lotions and lip balms]. If you are looking for something that is moisturising, gives a glossy finish, and taste/smell divine but at the same time, not mind the slightly heavier price tag, then why not give this a shot? :)

Verdict: Do I like it?: yes
Would I repurchase it? : yes [although a lower price tag might make me wanna go out and get it even more]
Grade: A-

Stay strong till the weekend everyone!!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment