Friday 15 March 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline Colour Sensational in Red Porcelain

Hey everyone! Long time no post! Deadlines and commitments in school are draining me out phew! but Im so happy to bring you guys this review today on the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Red Porcelain. The Maybelline Colour Sensational range in general is really nice, tons of shades and great texture and pigmentation. This baby today is Limited Edition and is a red lippie which is nothing short of amazing. (who else for bold classic red lips? :D) Let's jump into it!~


Maybelline Colour Sensational in Red Porcelain

Maybelline Colour Sensational in Red Porcelain

To be honest, I had actually wanted to pass this up when I first saw it in the drugstore. In the tube, it might just look like any other classic red which made me want to pass it up. After passing it up countless of times in the drugstore, I finally swatched it out of curiosity. It looked pretty promising and I caved in, just give it a try. REALLY NICE. When swatched, it comes off a little brighter and looks like a red that can suit almost everyone of varying skin tones.Packaging is the same as the other colour sensational lipsticks in that it has a nice silver tube and a colour cap that shows its "base" colour. Looks nice and clasic imo! In addition, it is not drying on the lips and sits nicely without seeping into fine lines. The Red Porcelain formula is enriched with nourishing honey nectar and a milky lotion to give it a creamy feel the minute it glides on to your lips. So yay to no dry lips! :D (major pet peeve wouldnt you say?)

One coat on the lips of Red Porcelain
2 coats on the lips of Red Porcelain
As you can see from the swatch, it almost looks like it's leaning towards a tomato red but it looks relatively neutral in person (maybe a 10% lean towards the warm side?) This lipstick glides on really smoothly and no patchiness whatsoever. Great pigmentation and better yet, has minial transfer (" quick kiss the back of your hand" test). Even after eating dinner (Think char-grilled. Sauce and stuff :0 ), the lipstick left a nice red stain on my lips despite the main colour having faded. (what I love about bold lipsticks, they tend to leave a nice stain behind :))

Overall, I must say I am pretty impressed! What made this nice for me was the moisture that it provided for my lips while still delivering such great pigmentation. Defiintely going to be one of my "often-reached-for" lippies! So my lovelies, want some great red lips without having to compromise in the moisture department, Ill say this one is a keeper. ;)

(In Singapore, the Maybelline colour sensational lipstick can be found mostly Watsons and Guardian Pharmacy)

Verdict: Like it?: You bet'cha!
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Grade: A-


No comments:

Post a Comment