Sunday 30 June 2013

Fragrant Treat: Dolce&Gabbana:D&G Anthology La Lune 18

Hello again lovelies! Woohoo woohooo, it's the weekend! Hope everyone are having fun plans to enjoy this Sunday Funday! :) Anyway, today is another time for a fragrant treat! Time to smell irresistible! lol ok just kidding. Today's star is the D&G Anthology La Lune 18 *applause* let's all hear it!



Firstly, I love how simple D&G kept the packaging of this series. The bottle is heavy might I just say, but the class and simplicity the weighted glass brings to the design just puts this line in a class of its own. The model for this fragrance is the beautiful Claudia Schiffer, which is the perfect icon for this fragrance. Classy, elegant, mysterious. Matches the description of La Lune ["The Dreamer: La Lune is the perfect enigma: fresh yet sensual, dazzling yet forever retaining her secrets. She enthralls everyone she encounters with her radiant ethereal beauty"], wouldn't you say? :)



So now, for the scent breakdown [according to fragrantica.com].

Top Notes: Bergamot, Red Apple, Green Notes
Middle Notes: Tuberose, Rose,  Lily
Base Notes: Orris Root, Leather, Musk, Sandalwood

Now for the nitty-gritties. This fragrance definitely falls in the 'empowering' category for me. It's definitely not a super girly butterfly and cupcakes type of fragrance but rather a power woman/ man with control kind of scent. It isn't overly strong but it definitely takes confidence to sport this. I personally am an ardent fan of such scents, especially when you want to feel 'strong' and be remembered [make those heads along the streets turn lol]. Great for wear in the office or maybe to somewhere when you just want to feel a little more dressed up but not too overboard. For this scent, I can definitely smell the bergamot, tuberose [how can I not?! both are some of my all time favourite components in perfumes please!] and the musk in this. It's clean, fresh yet something that is a little different. I can totally picture it/ 'smell it on both the gentleman and the lady as it has just the right balance to be carried as an unisex fragrance.

Hmm now it boils down to the not-so-good side of the story. The longevity. Unfortunately, this fragrance though strong at the initial spray, doesn't last all that long [on my skin at least]. It wears on me strong for just a mere 3 hours tops before trickling down to something that is too faint to be detected by others. [If I spray a tad bit on my hair, I may still smell it after four hours]. However, it being an EDT, I would not be all that surprised. [although I have come across so many fragrances which are EDTs but yet has crazy lasting power]. For the price that this is, I am definitely not impressed by the staying power of it.

Overall, just for the scent, I adore this. Definitely one of those 'power perfumes' that I bust out a lot. Bring in the price and longevity into the equation, I am definitely a tad saddened lol. But hey, for this more unique scent and the creative/ mysterious/ poetic marketing [lol sucker] that comes with it , I would have to say I do enjoy it overall.

Verdict: Do I like it? :Yes in one word.       
Would I repurchase this?: Probably not. Have been impressed by other 'power perfumes' that have proven themselves more for their price.
Grade: B

How about you? Tried any other fragrances in this beautiful line? Do share your thoughts with me! <3

Stay happy and healthy everyone [& fragrant lol ;)]!



No comments:

Post a Comment