Sunday 9 June 2013

REVIEW: Smith's Rosebud Salve

Lovelies, nothing stinks more than chapped lips right? *furious nod* Firstly it might hurt from all that nasty peeling and cracking. Secondly, any lippie is just going to cling on to all those cracked and dry patches. Not a pretty sight. Hence, the Lip balm~~~Such a saviour when it comes to parched lips! Today, let's talk about some Smith's Rosebud Salve!




Rosebud Salve has been around for ages and apparently works wonders on almost anything. According to the ifficial Rosebud Website, (apart from the classic glossy balm look) "Rosebud Salve is perfect for travel as an eye make-up remover, cuticle softener, sunburn easer, dry skin healer, and frizzy fighter. Use Rosebud Salve around the eyes and on the throat for severely parched, dry, or wrinkled skin." Sounds like a miracle worker to me! Though I havent personally tried it on any other thing apart from my lips, from the other reviews Ive read, this lil baby is one state trooper!

Some say this feels like overpriced Vaseline with just an added rose smell (which you would either love or hate) but I personally think this is one good product! Goes on really smoothly and glossy with a teeny bit of rose tint that somehow brings out your natural lip colour, making them look fuller and healthier (no plumping action though of course) It definitely kept my lips feeling softer and more moisturised as compared to many others that I've tried. And believe me, Ive tried PLENTY. So far, only one other brand of lipbalm has topped this for me (which ill do a review on eventually too lol). I dont mind the rose smell personally although I do understand what other reviwers say when they mean it sometimes can smell like an old lady. However, I love the texture of this baby and the nice shine that it gives. Now, the packaging. Is it weird that I like the pot form but sometimes feel like it's a hassle to constantly wash/ wipe off my fingers after using this? (esp when Im outside) Lol but of course for the non-pot-balm lovers out there, this product also comes in a tube form for easier application (esp on the go). Price-wise, I do agree with some that it is not the cheapest lip balm around and some might find it to be a waste of money. Personally for me, it is definitely good enough for me to bite the bullet and possibly repurchase as this is one of the lip balms that is good for me and my needs.

Verdict:
Do I like it? : Yes
Would I repurchase?: Yup (if i manage to finish my big pot that is lol)
Grade: A-

What are some of your favourite lip balms/ lipcare products? Any to share? ;) Would love to hear it! Stay happy guys! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment