Wednesday 10 December 2014

Review: NYX Bombshell Butter Lipstick Trio Lip Set

Hey there lovelies, how has it been for you all? Hope all is good and busy with the beautiful festivities that are rolling around the corner [gleeee with all the pretty xmas lights and whimsical music~] Among the fun festivities~~~ come the....AWESOME MAKE-UP SETS *confetti*!!! Haha okay too much drama in this scene, but there is a makeup gem here for the lippie-lovers out there!

Sometime back, NYX decided to roll out these amazing babies. The NYX butter lipsticks. Somehow the baking world and the beauty world collided to produce these great lipsticks with their beautiful creamy texture and impressive colour payoff. So, to round up the year, what does NYX do? Well, they put 'em all together and ta-da! All spice and everything nice.







Yup. Think Cindy Crawford and Claudia Schiffer when you read BOMBSHELL. Hello va-va-voom and ooh-la-la. Hair flick, hair toss, the works. Hah! As if I could ever pull that stunt off. But I digress. NYX has ever so kindly pushed out the NYX Bombshell Butter Lipstick Trio Lip Set with three luscious shades. These shades are not new to the line of course but for them to come in a value set, that's always greatly appreciated. When I saw this in Sephora, I knew I had to snag them. The lippies starring in this set are Pops, Big Cherry and Licorice.

First of all, LOVE LOVE LOVE the colour variation in this set. It's almost like a value meal from McDonald's. A great everyday MLBB, a pretty pop of classic red and a helloooo-vampy shade. For a lip junkie, this is such a big plus. The formulation for these butter lipsticks, like most of the line, are smooth, creamy and glide on like a dream. However, the formulation seems to be better suited for the richer and perhaps darker colours in my opinion. Apart from these, I own one other shade from the line (Taffy) and personally wasn't all that impressed with the colour pay-off and how the colour just filled in my lip lines. However, the formulation works beautifullly with the colours in this set. Let's get on with the individual colour breakdown.

NYX Butter Lipstick: Pops
NYX Butter Lipstick: Pops

NYX Butter Lipstick: Pops
First one up is the shade Pops. Let me just say the names on these Butter lipsticks are just so cute and delicious. NYX really knows how to make us lip junkies/ sweet tooths squeal with delight. Pops is a MLBB type shade, with a gorgeous blush-rose undertone. It has just a hair bit of brown to it which some might throw it under the Kylie Jenner lip shade category. As you can see from the swatches, this one is a keeper. Creamy, smooth and great colour pay-off. Definitely one that is great for everyday wear. When I swatched this, a familiar wave hit me as though I had seen it somewhere before. It actually took me a few days and an accidental wearing of the 'other' shade to realise where I had seen a similar shade before. If you have Boujour's Rouge Velvet Liquid Lipstick in Nude-ist and love it, you would also enjoy this one. I was really glad to have found this variation and it's definitely one that I can see myself picking this one up quite often.

NYX Butter Lipstick: Big Cherry

NYX Butter Lipstick: Big Cherry

NYX Butter Lipstick: Big Cherry
Next one up: Big Cherry. Somehow this amazing classic red reminds me of Big Band and Marilyn Monroe. Big Cherry is those scarlet iconic reds that every girl should have in her make-up arsenal. Such a beautiful one to own. I personally am just a die-hard red lips fan as reds just add such an elegant and classic pop of colour to one's face. Big Cherry goes on really smoothly and can be worn lightly [as in the lip swatch above] or built to a darker more luscious red. Totally feel like such a movie star with this shade one. Love~~~

NYX Butter Lipstick: Licorice

NYX Butter Lipstick: Licorice

NYX Butter Lipstick: Licorice
Wanna go even more va-va-voom? Thing's can't get any vampier than a dark lippie. Licorice is a rich dark berry shade which is ohhhh soooo sinful. Somehow it reminds me of a warm berry tart with a side serving of rum (sinful no doubt). This currant shade is sooo perfect for fall and can be a light berry tint if you choose to stamp it lightly on the lips or turn full-on darkside when you build it up. What can I say? Sheer perfection. *faints*


Aren't they GORGEOUS. I'm totally running out of positive adjectives for these babies already. The formulation on the Butter lipsticks I cannot get over, very smooth and creamy but not greasy feeling like some other lipsticks. But again, just as I have said, this formulation seems to work better for the richer darker shades [as opposed to the nude/ lighter shades in the line]. They also are not drying which is such a great plus, as it saves me from having to worry about crackling lips at the end of the day. Having said that, staying power, naturally, wouldn't be the best on these. They wouldn't necessarily slide right off but they wouldn't still be insanely perfect after eating/ drinking. But hey, nothing a lil touch-up wouldn't fix. Also, this set is a great value for three good quality lipsticks. Overall, they get a good holiday thumbs up from me and lip lovers out there, snag them up if you haven't!

Overall Grade:
 Do I like this?: va-va-yes
Would I repurchase this?: Absolutely~
Grade: A-/ B+

The NYX Bombshell Butter Lipstick Trio Lip Set can be found in Sephora (Singapore) at $22.
*note: althought initially it was $24; they seemed to have adjusted the price the last time I checked to $22*

So, ready to turn on the inner Bombshell in you yet? ;)
Happy Holidays Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment