Friday 12 December 2014

Review: Nyx Butter Lipstick in Juju

Hey everyone! hope the weekend is going all good for you, getting all the fun X'mas shopping done! Back today with another review on the NYX butter lipstick (beginning to feel like Paula Dean of the Make-up world here haha)! This shade for me is a total must-review because it is one of my favourite favourite favourite (wait, how many 'favourites' am I allowed to type here? okay, I'll stop at three) shades in my lipstick arsenal so I gotta share it with you guys. On with the show!

Nyx Butter Lipstick in Juju
Nyx Butter Lipstick in Juju
 Of course we all know what the packaging looks like, cute and colour coordinated according to the shade in the tube. Somehow it's cute with the butter lipstick line so I like it, not too tacky or cheap. The smell of the lipstick reminds me of a well, buttery baked good although I can't exactly pinpoint which yummy treat it is but it is something that I personally really like.

Nyx Butter Lipstick in Juju

Nyx Butter Lipstick in Juju

Juju is a beautiful candy apple red and is one of those shades that can really perk up your complexion, especially for you really fair complected beauties out there. Nevertheless, I see this shade being nice on alot of people too. The formulation of the lipstick, like the name is smooth and glides on like butter. Really great colour payoff which is buildable and that for me is a good point, so you don't get a cakey mess on your lips on first swipe like some full-coverage lipsticks can tend to be. The formula of this lipstick to me is somehow more forgiving and allows you to wear it differently on intensity scale. For a more everyday red, I personally like to go in with one layer so it still allows some of my natural lip texture to show through. For a more high impact look, I'll just swipe on one or two more layers till I'm happy with the colour. I also love how the butter lipsticks can be built without becoming chunky or patchy on your lips.

Of course, if you are looking for a stay-all-day lipstick, this isn't the one. But it still lasts a decent amount of time and doesn't just slip right off your lips. However, nothing a quick touch-up wouldn't fix here. This lippie is just one of my top favs at the moment and belongs to the 'yup, totally will repurchase' category for me. It's just such a beautiful candy apple red that is nice and not drying on me and is a go-to red. Love it, just love it.

Overall Grade:
 Do I like this?: LOVE
Would I repurchase this?: Oh yeah, you bet
Grade: A-

Don't you guys just love it when you discover a go-to shade to add to your collection? ;)
 Have a wonderful weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment