Friday 15 February 2013

Fragrant Treat: Essence "Like A..." EDT

Hello again beauties! Hope everyone had a great week! If you dont know already, Im a crazy fragrance junkie. Who doesnt love smelling good? haha Anyway, today Im gonna talk about the Essence EDTs in "Like a Walk In Summer Rain" as well as "Like a Trip To NYX". Both of which, are sooo nice~

First of all, let me say how much I love the way they name these. It somehow makes the scentes relatable in a way that they bring memories~~~ haha ok cheesy crazy person here.




Based on frangrantica.com, here's the scent breakdown:

Like a trip to NYC:

Top notes: cardamom, elemi, grapefruit and cranberry.
Heart: rose and datura.
Base: cedar, amber and white woods.

Like A Walk in Summer Rain:
Top notes: lemon, orange, cyclamen, aldehyde and watermelon.
Heart: marine notes, lily of the valley, freesia and floral -ozonic accords.
Base: moss, cedar and musk. 

For the Like a  trip to NYC, it is fruity-floral. On me, it somehow smells like apple haha But I love how light yet chic-smelling it is. Great for when you want to smell a little special but in a not overdone way. I somehow think of shopping on the beatiful streets of NYC in the spring when I smell this. However, it isn't all that special enough for me to fall in love with it simply because it smells like something else that I used to wear all the time. Nevertheless, it is still a good one if you want a quick and simple fruity-floral scent. The lasting power on me is pretty decent, 4-5 hours of wear. Not too bad considering it is an EDT.

For the Like a walk in summer rain, I LOVE IT!!!! One of my top 5 go-to scents. It never ceases to amaze how Essence got this scent right down to a point. It is really like a walk in Summer rain!!!!! <3 It smells so clean, yet somehow girly at the same time. (in the wild haha) REALLY REALLY NICE. Never smelt anything else like it! I should have hoarded it the last time I saw it. why didnt i??? I have no idea. But it smells like a great scent somehow to wear to a picnic, a day out in the park etc Such a beautiful scent. I highly recommend this if you like the smell of rain (summer rain lol). That might sounded weird but hopefully you get my drift haha ;) In terms of lasting power this seems to last longer on me than the other one (NYC), which I of course enjoy.


Verdict: Do I like them? :NYC: yup but like only not crazy over it
                                         Summer Rain: YESSS I LOVE IT
Would I repurchase?: NYC no, but summer rain, yes if I ever could!!
Grade: NYC: B
            Summer Rain: A

Anyone else lovin these scents? or simply just the smell of rain? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment