Thursday 7 February 2013

Fragrant Treat: REVIEW: Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce Cologne

HU HU HU~~~This one is a much-debated one. Today's scent is one that is mostly a MEGA-YAY or MEGA-NAY in most people's book. To me, it's a 200% MEGA-YAY.


Every time I walk into the A&F store, I go crazy with glee with the smell that lingers in throughout the store. It's everywhere. Some people see it as a great punch to the face that knocks you out cold, I see it as a sinful affair between your nose and this little naughty scent. Men, be prepared to lock your ladies inside and woman be prepared to be charmed, 'cause Fierce is coming to get you. Under the A&F website, this is a Men's Fragrance. I can see why of course, with its strong masculine-leaning scent and ab-laden packaging (HAHA I dont know why but I always find the abs on the bottle highly amusing). But when I asked the shop assistant in France, he told me that it was actually a unisex perfume. Whatever you choose to believe, I personally dont find anything wrong with a women wearing a men's cologne. (In fact, I think it makes the scent smell even sexier ;) )

According to frangrantica.com, "Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Fierce was launched in 2002. Fierce was created by Christophe Laudamiel and Bruno Jovanovic. Top notes are petitgrain, cardamom, lemon, orange and fir; middle notes are jasmine, rosemary, rose and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are vetiver, musk, oakmoss and brazilian rosewood"

I'm no expert in picking up notes in fragrance, but this cologne at first smell is pretty strong. Not surprised that I love it though. This fragrance has some of my favourites: Lily-of-the-valley, rose, rosemary etc. It does have a heavy dose of musk so if you arent a musk-lover, stear clear. On me, the smell although more musk-y smelling initially, softens to a floral-musk. It's 'fiercer' notes (oops a pun) such as musk, cardamom, etc are standing out to me more so than others. I can also smell the florals and fruits at the back, supporting the other notes, making this scent just that awesome. In terms of lasting power, it lasts like CRAZYYYYY on me. Even after bathing (yes I do clean myself 200%), I can still detect a slight scent that this cologne leaves on my skin. I LOVE IT. Both on me and on guys. For guys, a good two or three spritz probably works on you. As for us ladies, one or two should suffice. DONT OVERSPRAY THIS STUFF. It's an double edged sword. Put too much and you would smell offensive and give those around you (or even yourself) a migraine. But just right, it's gonna turn some heads. A definite must-have in my fragrance arsenal.

This cheeky little scent comes in a few sizes (50ml, 100ml and even 1000ml (OMG)(but limited pieces)).

Verdict: Do I like it? : Do you even have to ask? OMG YES!
             Would I repurchase this? OF COURSE.
             Grade: A+

So, any other Fierce lovers out there? or does it cause you to stay a mile or even ten miles away? lol


2 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE THIS SCENT TOO!!! makes me want to walk into A&F every time I walk past it! Great post love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay another 'Fierce' lover! :) Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete