Friday 8 February 2013

REVIEW: LA Girl Luxury Creme Lipsticks

Helloooo my lovelies!!! Today im doing a post on one of my weak points! hahah yup you got it! LIPPIES~~~*faint* I just love lipsticks. Natural colours are nice and all when I wanna look a little more natural, more everyday. HOWEVER, THE BRIGHTS. I LOVE DA BRIGHTS. Bring on the RED, ORANGE, PINK etc cuz BAM! how lovely are they?! I love how the bold or bright lips can make your overall look so different! Be it classy, chic or chirpy, bold/ bright lips are an easy way to instantly add some oomph to any simple look. Plus, most of them tend to leave a pretty stain on your lips even when the original colour has worn off.

Today, im gonna be talking about one of my favourite drugstore brand lipsticks. L.A. Girl. hmm not the most popular but yet delivers great quality. Especially their lipsticks. I also own some of their nail polishes are I must say, they are niceeeee. Not only are they relatively inexpensive, they are rly decent quality!! Nice colour range to this line but I own mostly the brighter/ bolder ones. But I have seen the more natural shades and they definitely do not lose out!

L-R (Pure Ectasy, Last Night, Sexy, Infatuation, Romance)

L-R (Pure Ectasy, Last Night, Sexy, Infatuation, Romance)



Ok, quick shade breakdown!: (all the shades have a creme finish)
Pure Ectasy: Light yet punchy orange (almost like an orange cream soda colour but slightly brighter)
Last Night: Bright blue-hot pink (rly nice hot pink with a touch of fuschia, one of my favourites!!!)
Sexy: Rose based hotpink-fuschia with a blue-violet pearl (slightly rosier and darker pink than Last Night)
Infatuated: Bright Orange Red (one of my favourite reds in my arsenal!)
Romance: Mulberry plum (great for fall!!!)


I really love this line of lipsticks! Much more than the NYX Round lipsticks to be honest. The NYX  ones, thought pigmented, have too much of a slip but these are both pigmented and definitely stay on longer on my lips. They are creamy, smooth and I really like how the lipsticks are slopped. They somehow make application easier for me without having to bust out a lip pencil/ brush. (BTW I LOVE THEIR LIP PENCILS TOO!!!) Packinging is nothing to go crazy over but decent enough for me for the price.

(I did swatches on my lips and then pressed my lips on the white tissue to try and show you the colour as true as I could get it to be. Colours are more vivid in real life of course esp for infuated, it is more red than as seen in the lip swatch)

Pure Ectasy
Pure Ectasy

Last Night
Last Night

Sexy

Sexy
Infatuated

Infatuation


Romance

Romance
 And now for the merged tissue puckers (haha):
 Arm swatches:
No flash L-R (Pure Ectasy, Last Night, Sexy, Infatuation, Romance)

With Flash L-R (Pure Ectasy, Last Night, Sexy, Infatuation, Romance)

Overall, you dont have to keep going over your lips like a maniac in order to get a vivid colour on them. On my arm, those swatched were made with only at most two 'coats'. Hello pigmentation! These lippies are amazing for the price. I always cnt get over how great they are. For me, the only downside to them I would say are the smell of these. The old ones really smelled like cheap plastics AUGH but phew! cuz the newer ones are sooo much btr in smell. So if you can and you see that the old smell may bother you, try smelling them first. lol Really lovelies, give them a try! I think these babies dont get enough attention to be honest! They definitely can beat some other lippies that are put out in the drugstore as far as I can say. Love how they are so creamy yet pigmented at the same time. WOW.

In Singapore, LA Girl can be found in selected Guardian stores (price of one luxury creme lipstick: SGD $10)

Verdict: Do I like it? LOVE
             Would I repurchase?: YES!!! <3
              Grade: A-

Have you embraced the brights/bolds? Tell me some other bold/bright lips from the drugstore that you rock! ;)



2 comments:

  1. Wow these look so nice! I should try wearing some brights! they always look so gd! thnks for the review, i might just go have a look at them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Gretchen! yes! definitely give the brights a try!!! I'm sure you'll look awesome in them!! :)

    ReplyDelete