Monday 11 February 2013

REVIEW: Too Faced Romantic Eye Kit

Hello my lovelies! Valentine's Day is coming and I thought this review would be so appropriate! I shall cut to the chase and say it's the Too-Faced Romantic Eye kit! haha Romance is in the air, birds are flying, bees are buzzing and the cheesy me is being a silly willy and rhymin' things. hahah -.- Be it spending some quality time with your lil sweetie pie or celebrating your free and independent status, who says you cannot have a little fun with your makeup?


Quick recap: Too-Faced kits comes with 9 beautiful eyeshadows categorised into DAY, CLASSIC and FASHION looks. The kits also come with three how-to-do-it cards which is great for anyone especially those who don't know where to start with their looks.

Without flash

With flash
Here comes the fun part: Shade breakdown!!! (plus I love how the shades are named after things at a wedding! so cute!):

Day:
Soulmates:Cream white with a slight shimmer and a light pink duo chrome (SO PRETTY OMG)
I Do: Satin grey taupe
Un-Veil: Satin black with a slight brown undertone

Classic:
Kiss the Bride: Matte Pink Cream
Cut the Cake: Shimmery light cool lavendar
First Dance: Matte Plum Purple

Fashion:
Bouquet Toss: Matte Green Cream
Honeymoon: Shimmery Green Gold
Ever After: Shimmery dark brown
With flash: L-R (Soulmates, I do, un-veil, kiss the bride, cut the cake, first dance, Bouquet toss, honeymoon, ever after)

Without flash L-R (Soulmates, I do, un-veil, kiss the bride, cut the cake, first dance, Bouquet toss, honeymoon, ever after)

Of course, the eyeshadows are nice and buttery. Smooth, pigmented and easy to blend. The thing that is nice about is kit is that it gives you a nice roll of neutrals but also has colours inside that are appropriate for a romantic date or wedding etc. Nothing too over the top crazy-flashy but still colourful and tasteful at the same time. I really love the soulmates shade because of the beautiful duo-chrome soooo gorgeous!!! My favs would have to be Soulmates, I do and First Dance. Naturally, you don't have to strictly follow the day , classic and fashion looks. You definitely can mix it up and play with any combination that you can think of. While I think these shades are really amazing and love how there is a mix of eyeshadow finishes, I cant seem to fall head over heels in love with this palette. I can't really think of any reason not to like it either but it just doesnt punch me in the face and make me go WOW. If you like some soft colours and some neutrals, I would say go ahead and give this romantic baby a shot (everybody deserves a chance~~~ ;) )

Verdict:
Do I like it? Yes
Would I repurchase?: Probably not. lovely palette though
Grade: B

What are some colours that you like to use on V-Day? Doing up the lips or eyes? ;) Have a good v-day lovelies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment