Wednesday 20 February 2013

Love your skin!~Goodness of Oats

Hello lovelies! Today I thought that I would talk about skincare! Something different other than makeup for a change. For me, the power of makeup never ceases to amaze me. It can make things appear and disappear. Kinda like Houdini, wont you say? ;) However, makeup cant (unfortunately) make zits or other imperfections on our face disappear. We need to constantly show our skin some love and affection! In addition, what better way to love your skin other than giving it one of nature's goodness? :D

Lo and behold....*drum roll* THE OATMEAL~~~~ *wild applause*


Oatmeal is known to be anti-inflammatory, having the ability to soothe inflammations and heal the skin. Inflammation is one of the number one causes of premature aging, so in this sense it also serves a potential anti-aging benefit! Due to its mildy rough texture, it has a exfoliating function that wont be too harsh on your skin. It is also good for skin conditions such as eczema (as oatmeal is supposedly hypo-allergenic) and what's more, Oatmeal can soothe chicken pox, mosquito bites, and dry skin. They also soothe mild burns and generally any type of irritated skin. Not to mention, oatmeal if generally relatively inexpensive and easy to find! Sounds like one big power house, doesnt it? ;)
 
What can I say? This is my life saviour! A year ago, my skin went into a crazy bout of acne. My all-along no nuisance skin had gone insane. I tried many products ranging from high-end to low-end to get my skin back the way it was in terms of texture and condition but boy nothing worked. This honestly really cut back my confidence and I hated to leave the house without at least BB cream and concealor on my face. Bumpy, red and scarred. That was how my skin was. (sorry I dont have a picture! Didnt think of ever posting this or even starting a blog then!) Then, in came the oatmeal. I had known oatmeal is great for one's skin, health, diet etc. But little did I expect the results I got from it. After using oatmeal for at least three weeks, I could see my skin having a change. It had calm down, my blemishes were healing and my scars were fading. It removed several blackheads on my cheeks and my skin is so much smoother and radiant looking! Now, I dont feel scared to walk out in public with just my naked face! :) I was soooo amazed by the greatness of oatmeal and it's now a HG face product in my everyday skincare regime!

Here are the steps for using oatmeal (any type really; organic, instant, quick-cook etc) as a wash everyday:
1) I grab about 2 tablespoons of oatmeal in my palm and dampen it with some water (warm is better). (dampen it whereby it has a little excess liquid)

2) I then use the milky liquid that the oatmeal and water produces (this is good stuff! dont pour it away!) and gently message my face with it.

3) going back to the now slightly softer oats, I message it on my face for 2 mins and let it sit for about 2 mins or so.

4) Now just message your face briefly with damp hands again and rinse off. Pat your face dry.

*You can even use it as a mask once our twice a week for that extra boost for your skin!

It's that simple! :) If you are worried about clogging up any drains or sinks, try grinding the oatmeal up into powder. Seriously, guys I LOVE THIS. BIG A PLUS!!!! (**Do note that everyone's skin is different. Something that might work on one person might not work on the other.) If you are fine with oatmeal, (not allergic or anything) and are looking for a natural treat for your skin, I highly recommend you give nature's simple gift a try. It is such a wonderful treat for your skin! :)

Any other natural things that you have in your beauty routine? Share them with me because I would love to hear it! :)



2 comments:

  1. I've been having acne for a few years now and am really frustrated trying products that only waste my money and not work on me. :( Maybe ill give this a try! hopefully it'll work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope u'll like it Susie! Thnks for reading! :D

    ReplyDelete