Friday 25 January 2013

Fragrant Treat: SAKE by Fresh

I know perfumes and scents are definitely one of the iffiest subjects to talk about in the beauty community as everyone's sense preference and body chemistry is different. What smells like the garden of Eden on one might make another smell like a horror story. Believe me, I know. *wriggles nose* However, it's still great to know what others think of certain scents that have caught us by the nose, right? ;) Today , Im going to be talking about one of my HG HGHGHGHGHGHG (how many times can I type HG? LOL) scents. SAKE by Fresh.


NOTES (http://www.fresh.com/fragrance/fragrance-sake-rice/sake-eau-de-parfum-1oz):
Top Notes: langsat fruit, grapefruit, ginger
Middle Notes: white peach absolute, lotus flower, transparent lily of the valley
Base Notes: osmanthus, vanilla, musk, white sandalwood 


According to Fresh, SAKE EDP is "a sensual velvety blend of langsat fruit, ginger, white peach, and sandlewood with subtle floral undertones and features a luscious, velvety fragrance influenced by Japanese beauty rituals and is housed in a mini artisanal bottle." I totally agree on this. It almost has an ethereal-like quality to its scent and everytime I smell it, I go crazy. After catching a whiff of it in Sephora, I never looked back. AMAZING is all I can say about this scent.It definitely falls into the 'sexy-floral' category imo, with a lil hint of subtle fruitness. I am no expert on picking up notes right down to the very bone, but the floral notes of this scent are definitely the most striking to me. This is one of those scents where you either like it or not. (my mum isnt fond of this scent but she is more od the subtle fragrance kind of lady) Dont get me wrong, it isnt crazily heavy whereby it feels like too much but all you need is one or two spritzs for that light and beautiful scent. Not only do I not get sick of this scent (which is rare for someone who needs to switch makeup/ fragrances up very often to avoid getting bored), it lasts a CRAZY long time on my skin. Even after having a bath or shower, I can still smell it deliciously lingering on my skin (and yes, I did scrub clean! haha). INSANE, I am definitely a fan of Fresh fragrance and will definitely be exploring more of it. (I already have a few others in mind! heehee) For an EDP, it wasnt the most ex, which is another plus. (in singapore, 30ml=SGD$49; 100ml= SGD$115) Truly truly one of my HGs HANDS DOWN! So if you like the sexy florals like me, definitely catch a whiff of this ethereal baby!

Verdict: Do I like it? : isnt it obvious?! YESS!!!!!! <3
Would I repurchase: I already have ;)
Grade: A+++

Anyone else lovin this scent? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment