Friday 25 January 2013

REVIEW: ELF Flawless Eyeshadow in Tantalizing Taupe

Ahhh ELF. One of my purse-freindly pals! I own and tried a bunch of their products and they always manage to impress my some way or the other. Especially the elf duo in Mocha Swirl. Today,  ELF flawless eyeshadow in Tantalizing taupe is no different! The quad comes in a simple clean white plastic packaging, much better and sturdier than the old conventional quads. The quad consists of four eyeshadows, named BASE, LID, CREASE and LINE. Great guide for makeup babies~!



without flash (L-R: Base, lid, crease, line)

with flash (L-R: Base, lid, crease, line)
The eyeshadows are pretty decent. Not too powdery and fairly pigmented. Easy to travel with and a spongetip applicator is provided for those who dont like to use brushes. A great basic everyday look kind of quad. The shades are slightly on brown taupe side as opposed the grey taupes. A quad that can pretty much flatter any skintone and eye colour imo. Another nice one from elf. Lovin the base shade especially as it has a satin finish like the ever-so-famous Virgin from the UD urban decay naked palette. However, if you are looking for anything out of the extraordinary, this is not the quad that you are looking for. Somehow, I still like my Mocha Swirl E/S duo from ELF more. However, it is a great one to have in your beauty arsenal when you need a no-brainer everyday quad. Always a good one to check out if you are a crazy neutral E/S palette junkie like the guilty one over here (*wave wave*) . Nevertheless, I still am a big fan of ELF and always look forward to their future launches and expanding product range!

Verdict: Do I like it? : yes, it is a decently good one to have around!
Would I repurchase?: probably not as I have quite a few that are similar (but I wouldnt mind checkin out other shades from the Flawless eyeshadow range)
Grade: B+

Anymore ELF fans out there? Im sure there are! ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment