Friday 25 January 2013

REVIEW: LUSH EMOTIONAL BRILLIANCE in DRIVE

Vegan, against Animal Testing and making us happier with the concept of colour therapy. How can that be passed up on?! Yup, that's right, Im talking about LUSH Emotional Brilliance Line with their amazing and fascinating range of colours for eyeliners, lipsticks and more. If you wish, go to their website and try their colour therapy test. XD First and foremost, I am guilty of being a E/S junkie and a lip junkie. Not just any old lip junkie, a BOLD CRAZY LIP COLOUR kinda junkie. Ever since reading about Lancome's lipstick in Violet Coquette, I have been on a quest to find something that was similar in concept and yet still be friendlier on the pocket as exposed to Lancome. Behold! *drum roll* DRIVE

Drive is a liquid lipstick that is has a strong purplish lean with a blend of pink. Not to mention, look at that BEAUTIFUL blue-purple sheen. How could I pass up such a captivating shade?!?!!

Packaging wise: It almost reminds me of an nasal-drop bottle for some reason haha (i apologise if that grossed you out lol). It comes with a doe-foot type applicator which to me is not too bad. At least I can make use of it to apply the lipstick with greater ease. It comes with 5g of product, which is pretty decent. (for SGD$30 but I got it 30% off ;D)



sry for my un-perfectly shaped lips hahahaha ;) (shade looks a little more intense & slightly more purple in person)
indoor with flash

outdoor natural light

indoor lighting (from a lamp)
 Overall, it is an okay product. Not too bad. However, the smell of it kinda bothered me a teeeensy bit (almost an 'oily' smell? haha but not surprising given the natural oil in the ingredients). However, the colour is so beautiful! As for the application, the intensity is buildable and doesnt look overly thick. It also leaves a cute purple-pinkish stain on my lips even if the main colour has worn off.

Verdict: Do I like it?: eh, it's ok. but colour-wise: LOVE
Would I repurchase?: Probably not.
Grade: B

Embrace the boldness! Live life with colour! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment