Friday 25 January 2013

TRIBUTE TO NAKED: Forever 21 Love & Beauty NATURAL palette

Ever since UD's iconic launch of their Naked palette, the beauty world has been rocked ever more so than ever by the numerous naked/ neutral palettes that have been put out by beauty companies all over the world. Naturally (oops, pun), popular clothing line Forver 21, had to grab some of that yummy pie. In comes the unsung hero. Forever 21 Love & Beauty NATURAL Palette. Cruelty-free, affordable and what everybody wants in their neutral palette. Sounds good, right? I feel that not many people talk about this palette (Along with it's sibling palette which I would talk about in a separate review ;) ) and I think it deserves some love and attention here in the beauty community, judging by how it blew me out of the water with it's price and quality. I got it for SGD$11 here (in singapore, so far Ive only seen it in VivoCity's Forever 21 branch). I gotta admit I was a tad hesistant about these palettes but being neutral and just my type of palette, how could I pass it up? I knew I was gonna regret it if I walked out of that store. So I snagged it up together with the smokey palette and boy Im so glad I did!!!!







Packaging is fairly simple. Cardboard with cute animal prints as its cover. The palette consists of a simple mirror, 10 eyeshadows, one black pencil eyeliner and a dual ended spongetip/brush. For the price, the packaging is not that bad. Magnetic closure to make sure that the palette stays closed (sounds familiar ;) ) not too shabby I must say!

without flash (E/S are L-R, eyeliner swatch at the extreme right end)

with flash (E/S are L-R, eyeliner swatch at the extreme right end)
The eyeshadows lean fairly on the warmer side but nothing overly warm that cooler skintones cant handle. The shadows were VERY impressive. Bear in mind that the swatches are done without a primer (as per my other swatches on this blog). They are a lil' powdery but nothing that cannot be worked with. Good mixture of matte and shimmers, with the good ol' transition colour provided (BIG PLUS!!!) This palette could create any simple look and even provides darker shades for a smokier sultry look if you desire. As you can see from the swatched above, they are pigmented, Hello pigmentation! To be honest, I was not expecting much from the eyeliner but boy was I wrong, The eyeliner is pretty creamy and did not tug on my skin. As I was rinsing away the swatches (with soap and water), I noticed that the eyeliner was STILL THERE. OMG WOW. It took some good rubbing with soap to get this baby off my arm! I still cant get over how amazing this palette is for the price! For the quality it delivers for the price, you really cannot go wrong. Great to add to one's beauty collection or just a great affordable palette for those who dont wish to spend a bunch on high end neutral palettes. There are definitely amazing quality neutral eyeshadow palettes that do not break the bank. And this, is one of them.

Verdict: Do I like it: I AM IN LOVEEEEEEE
Would I repurchase? definitely yes!!!! I even considered buying backups (0.0)
Diff from NAKED 1/2 to have? : similar concept but alot less cost wise. But for the price, I would def get it in spite of having NAKED 1/2
Grade: A

Lovin' this baby too ladies? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment