Friday 25 January 2013

Tribute to the nudes!!! REVIEW: TOO FACED Natural Eye Kit

In light of the recent uproar in the "NUDE-ist" beauty community for the Urban Decay NAKED Basics Palette, I decided to post reviews on all the neutral palettes in my collection worth mentioning. First of all, as much as I LOVE UD, I couldn't justify purchasing it as some of the shades did not show up well on my NC20 skin. Never the less, it is a good one to have in your beauty arsenal. I might just cave in one day, who knows? ;) But never mind! On with the review!!!!!

Too Faced has got to be one of the cutest brands around in my opinion. Beautiful and enchanting themes, that's how I would describe it. The kit under the spotlight today is one of its pioneer kits in its line of "boxed kits" with the standard 9 eyeshadows categorised into Day, Classic and Fashion. This kit was my very first "high-end" palette as the UD NAKED 1 palette happened to be out of stock at that time due to the crazy hype (sidenote: it was back in stock 2 days later =.=). Boy, am I glad I got this! It comes with a box-like cardboard packaging, and the older packaging even included a lil drawer at the bottom for a double ended spongetip/brush. The newer ones, however, are sleeker in packaging and less bulky. IMO, I kinda like the boxey packaging unlike many out there. None the less, I do see how some find travelling with this a pain in the butt. The three easy how-to cards are pretty self-explanatory. Great for those who are unsure of what to do when they see a whole bunch of shades. On days when I dont have time to mix it up, all I need to do is follow the simple categories. IT'S THAT EASY (YAY!!) The shades are just divine.

Here is the breakdown (through my eyes):

Heaven: great matte highlight shade. off white-slightly yellow undertone matte
Velvet Revolver (OMG I LOVE THIS NAME!): cool matte taupe
Sexpresso (HAHA): warm matte med-dark brown

Silk Teddy: Shimmery pink toned champagne
Push-Up: shimmery med pink with slight brown undertone
Erotica (prob my fav shade): cool brown with purple undertone (& gold microglitter)

Nude Beach: HIGHLY GLITTERY light peach champagne
Honey Pot: rich metallic warm golden honey
Cocoa Puff: Warm brown with red undertone (& gold microglitter)







without flash (L-R Heaven, Velvet Revolver, Sexpresso, Silk Teddy, Push up, Erotica, Nude Beach, Honey Pot, Cocoa Puff)

with flash (L-R Heaven, Velvet Revolver, Sexpresso, Silk Teddy, Push up, Erotica, Nude Beach, Honey Pot, Cocoa Puff)

I really like how there is a matte highlight as well as a matte taupe for blending. BIG PLUS. However, the shade Nude Beach although having a nice base colour for the shadow is highly prone to fall out. (such a shame :( ) Overall, great palette. For the natural look, I actually prefer the 'naturalness' of this kit over the UD NAKED palettes. Like its name suggests, the looks can be so beautifully natural yet brings out your natural features. At the same time, you dont have to follow the cards and can go against them and create a variety of looks as you please. Who is to stop you from creating a beautiful smokey eye with this? ;)

Verdict: Do I like it? OF COURSEEEEE <3
Would I repurchase: Yes. Most definitely!
Different enough from UD NAKED 1/2?: YUP YUP YUP!!!
Grade: A

Getting yourself some Natural? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment