Saturday 26 January 2013

REVIEW: Forever 21 Love & Beauty SMOKEY eye palette

Hello again lovelies! For the tribute to NAKED series, I talked about the unsung hero, the Natural Palette from the Love & Beauty line from Forever21. Love it. Here comes its sister from the 'dark side' (haha ridiculous puns have got to stop -.-) the SMOKEY eye palette! Again, like the Natural eye palette, it's cruelty free! (Yay, one for the bunnies!~~)


with flash

without flash
Right off the bat, you can definitely tell that there are cooler shades here for the eyeshadows than the Natural palette. As mentioned in the Natural review the eyeliner is fairly impressive. Despite the soap test, I had to really get in there and scrub it off before it really got off my hand. The eyeshadows are pigmented. For the price (SGD$11), WOW.


without flash (L-R with eyeliner swatch at the extreme right end)

with flash (L-R with eyeliner swatch at the extreme right end)


For me, the true test of a palette is the quality of their matte eyeshadows as generally they are harder to make in terms of getting the right pigementation, not being too chalky etc. For this palette the mattes are pretty awesome I must say. The blacks (both the matte and the one with tiny glitters) pack a punch. USE WITH CAUTION. I must say, I am really in LOVEEEEE with the matte grey shadow in this palette. I love matte grey shadows as they give the darkness you seek yet make it less likely to look as though you got punched in the eye by someone who really hates you. It might not be as crazy "Paula-Dean" kinda buttery smooth, but for the price, it does have decent smoothness to the eyeshadows. I hate to say this but I might even like this palette and the Natural palette more so than my UD NAKED 1/2, simply because I prefer the shade range in these palettes more. Not to mention , the price point is WAYYY better. ;) These palettes are great for those who are on a budget yet still want decently awesome eyeshadows. Or if you are as guilty of a Eye palette junkie like me, these are nice to add into your bountiful collection ;)

Verdict: Do I like it?: YES very much actually
Would I repurchase it?: You bet I would ;)
Grade: A


No comments:

Post a Comment