Thursday 31 January 2013

REVIEW: MAC CANDY YUM YUM

If you read my previous post on my unsuccessful resistance against the NAKED BASICS palette, you probably would have known that this was coming. When this baby first came out, everyone went crazy and gaga over it. Bright, Shocking and right "bam" in the face. Yup I WANT CANDY~~~(thanks Aaron Carter). Want some candy babeh? You got it.

CANDY YUM YUM

with flash
 Basic info first. Candy Yum Yum has a matte finish and is described by MAC as a "neon pink".  That, I would say, is an understatement lol. It's seriously the craziest neon pink Ive ever seen. Probably as NEON as it gets. If the dictionary had pictures, Candy Yum Yum would definitely be inside under 'neon (pink)'! The photos dont even do this blue-toned hot hot hot neon neon neon pink justice!!! I tried my best to capture its impeccable vibrancy and richness but sry guys I couldnt. This colour has to be seen in person. Dont worry about it going away as MAC has cleverly made it permanent! (GD JOB MAC!!) I was worried that it would be too blue-toned for my NC20 skin but it really isnt! It's oddly wearable and I can see this on fairer and darker skintones too.

with flash

without flash

without flash, natural daylight
with flash (sry about my man-like fists hahaha)
 I decided to compare it with the other loudest pink in my collection which now in comparison with this looks like a meek lil' kitten. The Kat Von D lipstick in Backstage Bambi, my fav for when I want a bright pink lip (& I have received compliments whenever I wore it). As you can see below, it is slightly more yellow toned and almost 'rosier' than CYY. I still love it very much of course and these two shall receive my love haha.

without flash natural daylight, TOP: CYY, Bottom: Backstage Bambi
with flash TOP: CYY, Bottom: Backstage Bambi
Word of caution about CYY (and really any bold matte lips actually): make sure your lips arent cracking or peeling or dry when you apply this as it will definitely amplify that by a million times! The lipstick itself on me isnt drying and leaves a cute pink stain even after the main colour has worn off. I LOVE IT! Grab it while you can guys as I had saw it a week ago and when I returned the MAC artist told me that she only had two left (lucky me phew!!) and that all other stores around Singapore had mostly sold out (yikes). That's exactly how much love this baby receives. So glad I got it and definitely a great one to have in your beauty arsenal.

Verdict: Do I like it?: YES YES YES dont even ask! ;)
Would I repurchase?: Yes!!! (hope it wont give me a toothache!)
Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment