Wednesday 23 January 2013

New blog! lets go! REVIEW: Essence Sun Club Glamour to go eyeshadow in 02 Long beach

Hey there my lovelies! Thought I'd kick start this blog by putting up a simple review! Today's star is the Glamour to go eyeshadow palette in 02 Long Beach by Essence! *clap clap clap* Essence has recently launched in certain drugstores in Singapore (so far I've only seen it in Watsons in Ngee Ann City) and may I say, boy was I excited. I had bought a couple of things in Germany a few months back during my month-long stay and so far I LOVE THEM~Bought some frangrances (EDT) and OMG LOVE THEMMMMMMMMM~~~ (note my craziness when I mention them). I always find myself going back there when I am around the area and finding new and interesting stuff. I picked up this palette for SGD $6.60 which was a steal (makeup is unfortunately not so 'inexpensive' ard here :( ). AND of course, lovin' my neutrals, I had to choose the neutral palette in 02 Long Beach. (South Beach is another palette that had some neutrals but it was not short of some fun colours either). Lets have a look, shall we?


7.5g of product; pretty decent for the price imo

Here are the shades...

Without Flash (Starting from left of first row (L-R); followed by the Second row)

With Flash (Starting from left of first row (L-R); followed by the Second row
Right off the bat, you can see that there arent any mattes in this palettes (which is a bummer for a matte lover like me), though the brown on the first row; extreme right has somewhat of a demi-matte finish. In terms of pigmentation, I had to swipe a few times for each swatch. However, the third shadow from the right of the first row probably has the best pigmentation. (Note that the swatches were done without any primer). Overall the shadows are decent but leaning towards the chakly side. They arent the worst Ive seen but needless to say, arent the nest either. But hey, for the price, what can I say? This definitely would not stop me from buying and trying other products of course, considering how much I LOVEEEE (craziness again) their fragrance and their mascara :) ohoh! AND nail polish base coat ;D I can't wait to see what else the brand has to offer in time to come! Go ahead and give it a try if you wish ladies~
Come on ladies, tell me what you think ;)
Verdict: Do I like it?: Not TOO bad
Repurchase (if there was ever a need?): probably not
Grade: B-
In Singapore, Essence is currently available in selected Watsons (as far as I know) (eg Ngee Ann City)



No comments:

Post a Comment