Friday 25 January 2013

REVIEW: Catrice Cosmetics Absolute Eye Colour in Twinkle In The Eye

Who doesnt  love a quad that is sweet, simple and hits the spot? Well, I know Im there! Learning German gave me the opportunity to head on over to the ever-beautiful Germany for a month long immersion and boy! did I go crazy at all the cosmetics brands that I could not get back here in Singapore. Having heard soooo much about Catrice cosmetics from beauty blogs, how could I possibly pass up trying their products?!?!?! Nail polishes, eyeshadows, Catrice just captured my heart <3 But today, it's just for the eyes ;)

Here is the Catrice Cosmetics Absolute Eye Colour in Twinkle In The Eye. A good ol' Neutral palette with a pop of colour in that baby blue shimmery eyeshadow. I like how clean and simple the packaging is and I can always see the colours exactly through the clear plastic. However, this is not just your everyday cheap thin plastic packaging. Catrice's products have great plastic packaging that is good quality and is sturdy imo. Sometimes, simple things are always the best ;)


 The palette consists of:
1) a shimmery light baby blue shade (great for on the lid/ just in the inner corners for a pop of colour)
2) Shimmery light pinky peach champagne
3) semi-shimmery med bronzey-brown
4) semi-shimmery brown with slight gold micro-glitter (but nth too crazy that causes insane fallout)

without flash

with flash

with flash

without flash 
The shadows are great for the prize. Pretty pigmented and the swatches were done without a primer. Not Bad eh? ;) I love this palette for travelling, I can just pop it in my bag and go. Also, bringing such an easy palette prevents me from overpacking my E/S (which I always do haha) Simple easy everyday looks can be created and all you need to do is just mix it up to create a simple smokey eye look. Plus, that pop of blue can easily turn an everyday neutral look into something a lil different. The shadows arent chalky and are easy to blend. Might I say I just love that light peachy pink colour! It's so easy on the eye and creates such a light wash of simple clean colour on your lids. Not to mention, the browns are great in the crease and outer V. How I wish that Catrice was available here in Singapore, cause I know that I would just go crazy if it was!!! If I ever could go back to Europe, I would definitely get more!!! hahaha I definitely recommend giving Catrice a try if you havent or at least this palette if you love a simple no-frills eyeshadow quad. For the price, you can't really go wrong.

Verdict: Do I like it?: yes, definitely! :)
Would I repurchase: yup~~~
Grade: A-

Anything else from Catrice that anyone could recommend? Would love to hear it! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment